Wednesday, May 1, 2024

On Longing

 “ The body is a primary mode of perceiving scale”

I chose this photo from my camera roll for this quote because when i ent o Disney world with my family and I saw the garrisons of the galaxy ride for the first time on person after hearing so much about it. It truly was massive, blowing me away with the incredible amount of detail on this ride. It very quickly became my favorite having a halting affect on me. 

“  The souvenir speaks to a concert of origin through a language of longing ”

This picture speaks to this quote because this is a picture of Yamaha YZF R1. This is my dream bike, it coincidentally became my cardboard project. This picture has been in my camera roll for quite a long time now. This quote spoke to me because this picture gives me such a sense for longing the bike and the freedom that comes with it, making it seem impossible because they are expensive and my parents don’t believe in me that I can do it.


“ the souvenir reduces the public, the monumental, and the three dimensional into the material, that which can be enveloped by the body”

This is a piece that i completed for my drawing class. It is a charcoal still life. This quote spoke to this image for me because it is so simple but it can be impactful. When I was creating this piece I was working on it for many hours up close and personal. When i was finished and took a step back and really looked at what I had made I truly felt impacted by it. 


“ the souvenir is used most often to evoke a voluntary memory of childhood”

This is a picture of my memento project. This quote immediately resonated with this image because that’s what the assignment was about. It is a small three dimensional sculpture that represents a memory whether good or bad. The memory represented the long walked me and my grandfather would take on the beach looking for shark teeth. 

“ the place of origin must reach unreliable in order, for desire to be guaranteed” 

This is a book that I’ve been wanting to read for months. It’s been something on my mind ever since I saw it on the book shelves. The desire to read this book is guaranteed but unreliable because I do not have the funds to purchase the book so will be left unread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Longing

 “ The body is a primary mode of perceiving scale” I chose this photo from my camera roll for this quote because when i ent o Disney world w...