Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Figurative Bust Sculpture



Figurative Bust Sculpture
Wood, clay, wire, pigmented ink 
















 
The intent for the sculpture is to visually communicate debt. I wanted to focus on student debt because it is something that almost everyone has but it is a struggle that is least talked about.  I decided to include the wood craps along the sides of the piece to convey the dragging weight debt has on people's lives. I felt as though the work was lacking more of the stacks of money. It would be more visually pleasing if there was more of these small stacks. I want to keep exploring more about this topsoil to bring more awareness. This piece allowed me to explore clay as a medium. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Longing

 “ The body is a primary mode of perceiving scale” I chose this photo from my camera roll for this quote because when i ent o Disney world w...